Tune in to get an update on the latest data on key economic indicators, high-growth tech hiring trends, how this compares to news headlines, and where companies are currently prioritizing their hiring resources.
What we cover:
- Oct inflation 7.7%, below 8% forecast
- US Sept job vacancies up MoM ~3% to 10.7M
- Stronger than expected US job growth, 261k added on an expectation of 200k, lowest level since Dec 2020
- Unemployment rate relatively flat at 3.7%, in line with pre covid levels
- Takeaways from PeerSignal's November Hiring Report on B2B high growth tech companies
- Senior & director level demand level strong
- Shift in approach - cautious & steady
- Shift in job vacancy demand - product, engineering, retention-focused sales & marketing functions
- Compensation structures, adjusting expectations in line with market shift
- E21 - Talent Strategies for Early-Stage Startups
- E20 - Getting Ahead of the Tech Talent Skills Gap
- E05 - Building People Operations in Early Stage Startups
If you liked this show or want to share feedback please leave a review so we can keep improving and share the word with other leaders in the tech talent space. If you have suggestions for topics we should cover, feel free to reach out to either Jake Gorgol or Gareth Webb on LinkedIn or send us an email at email@example.com.
BreakOut of the hiring noise with OutScout.